Tuesday, January 17, 2023

A Question for Men Who Look to be in the Right Relationship

 

Have you ever heard God speak to you concerning any matter? Boy! It can be so amazing and intriguing! This is something I have been so privileged to have experienced on several occasions. If you haven't had this experience yet, I'd urge that you desire it by making out time to spend quality time with Him in the place of prayers and studying of the Word. 

I remember vividly

an instance of this, and that's what I want to share in today's post. On the 21st of February, 2007, I was studying about the 144,000 saints of the Book of Revelation, precisely in Chapter 14, when God began to impress some things in my heart.

These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 

And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God (verses 4-5, King James Version).

In the above verses, I saw some things that made me begin to ask the questions: “Do women defile? If yes, how?” The following things were impressed on my heart that day by the Holy Spirit:

·         Women can only defile when God is not in the picture, both for the man and the woman who doesn’t have God in the first place, else she won’t defile.

·         A woman that does not carry the Spirit of God is nothing but a dragnet to any man who is gullible and does not have any spiritual ear.

Then, as I pondered on these things from the above Scripture, I asked myself,

·         What made these 144,000 guys different?

·         How can you be like them?

I then went back to check out the qualifications of these ones mentioned, and the benefits they stand to get from God:

o   They have not been defiled with women.

o   They are virgins.

o   They follow the Lamb wherever He goes.

o   In their mouths were found no guile.

o   They are without fault before the throne of God.

o   They were redeemed from among men.

o   They are the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

Sometime ago, we were talking here about how to land the ideal partner. Well, these are qualities I believe anyone should have, imbibe, if he must land the ideal partner. Remember that we are the bride of Christ; and if we are to measure up to this standard (being His bride), then you must, of necessity, be like these men mentioned in the above Scripture.

One of my teenagers in church told me one day that she alone and her sister with her are the only Christians in their house. Their parents and other siblings do not think God let alone go to church. I realised that it must be tough for them trying to live for God in such an environment; and I do what I can to encourage them to continue to do God; and He has been faithful to them.

My point? Living for the Lord should be taken one day at a time, and it must be something you do intentionally, not minding what the world around you would think or say. Then, whether you have landed or you are yet to land your ideal partner, you will be conscious about handling your sexuality.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which is Your Truth?

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/mRaNeSLx66RLrqYA/?mibextid=D5vuiz I saw the above on Facebook and decided to share it with you today. Peopl...