Sunday, November 27, 2022

A Lesson in Running: Your Sexuality and You (My Story)

 

For guys and ladies alike, if you have ‘friends’ who have

nothing reasonable, nothing edifying, nothing profitable, to discuss with you whenever you are together order than things that are offensive to God, like sexually perverse things, then there is a need for you to take to your heels, if you know you want to have a future with God.

Well, even though this cuts across boards, I feel it concerns the guys more. What I mean is that there are times when ladies too have to steer clear from certain places, stay away from certain people (like false male and/or female friends), and the like; however, I am more particular about the single guys here.

Do not wait and keep staring, drooling, wishing you could touch her, grab her, go the whole nine yards with her. Personally, I believe that the first glance in her direction is alright, seeing it is more or less unavoidable, depending on the circumstance. But when you stop to take a second look at her, you are obviously asking for trouble.

I remember the ape named Ape in the movie “George of the Jungle” telling the elephant, Shep, ‘Run, Shep, run for your life!’ I’d remember this scene for a long time after seeing the movie, especially when I am faced with sexual sin. It would just ring in my head, ‘Run, Shep, run for your life!’

Once, I went to see my elder sister in her room off-campus when she was still in school. She wasn’t in. There was a young lady in the room directly opposite hers. She saw me come, and told me my sister just stepped out not quite long. She told me I could wait in her own place, as my sister would be coming back any minute. I obliged. I had barely sat down when she came straight at me like a maniac, her hands fondling me all over, and she fighting to kiss me, as she muttered countless times how much she loved me! I had only met her briefly once before this time, when I came to see my sister. We even barely talked, for I was with my sister all the while. So where was this coming from? God helped me that day to tear away from her frenzy and dash out before I too would lose my head in the bosom of plain idiocy.

Yes, sometimes, you need to literally take to your heels, like Joseph of old:

So Potiphar left everything he had in Joseph's care; he gave no thought to anything except the food he ate. Now Joseph was well built and good-looking.

Soon after these things, his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Have sex with me."

But he refused, saying to his master's wife, "Look, my master does not give any thought to his household with me here, and everything that he owns he has put into my care.

There is no one greater in this household than I am. He has withheld nothing from me except you because you are his wife. So how could I do such a great evil and sin against God?"

Even though she continued to speak to Joseph day after day, he did not respond to her invitation to have sex with her.

One day he went into the house to do his work when none of the household servants were there in the house.

She grabbed him by his outer garment, saying, "Have sex with me!" But he left his outer garment in her hand and ran outside (Genesis 39:6-12, New English Translation, emphasis mine).

Joseph knew his place, and was well aware of the fact that he must not truncate his destiny in the laps of another man’s wife. He had the good sense to run away when faced with the temptation of sexual sin.

Run away from sexual immorality! All sorts of sins that a person might do are outside the body. But people who are sexually immoral sin against their own bodies (1st Corinthians 6:18, Spoken English New Testament, emphasis mine).

 

Avoid every appearance of evil (1st Thessalonians 5:22, The Passion Translation, emphasis mine).

 

So, how do you do this? I'll be sharing this with you in my next post. Keep in touch, but in the mean time, you can leave your comments and/or questions, and I'll be sure to respond. God bless you richly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Which is Your Truth?

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/mRaNeSLx66RLrqYA/?mibextid=D5vuiz I saw the above on Facebook and decided to share it with you today. Peopl...